Re: Cochlea Amplifier models : a new list

Matt says you are pointing out two distinct peaks. So I repeat my question from before: does the data support only that interpretation? Or can the two (active and passive) peaks be just as well interpreted as two ends of a level-dependent continuum, reflecting a degree of active involvement?

Active traveling-wave models as I know them show a continuous behavior between low-level active and high-level passive, with degree of activity also influenced by efferent control and local adaptation state. Do you believe the data support that notion? Or contradict it? Or neutral?

Dick