Sound cards for psychoacoustics

Dear list members,

I would appreciate some advice on sound cards. Our aim is to perform psychoacoustical experiments with a standard PC equipped with a sufficiently good sound card. Ideally, the sound card should have an excellent signal-to-noise ratio at the headphone output and be accessible (programmable) from Matlab. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

- Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda

Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda, Ph.D.
Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y León
Universidad de Salamanca
Av. Alfonso X El Sabio S/N, 37007 Salamanca, Spain.
Phone: (+34) 923 294 500 ext. 1957
Fax: (+34) 923 294 750
E-mail: ealopezpoveda@xxxxxxx
http://web.usal.es/~ealopezpoveda/