Re: Developmental studies on Auditory Scene Analysis

Dear Annemarie and list,

This is not exactly a developmental study but it shows that newborn
infants segregate concurrent streams of sound:

Winkler, I., Kushnerenko, E., Horvath, Ceponiene, R., Fellman, V.,
Huotilainen, M., Naatanen, R., & Sussman, E.(2003)  Newborn infants
can organize the auditory world. Proceedings of the National Academy
of Sciences, 100 (20), 11812-11815.

If anyone wants a pdf of this article, I can send it to them.

Cheers,

Al

On Jan 17, 2008 12:17 PM, Annemarie Seither-Preisler, Ph.D.
<annemarie.seither-preisler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear List,
>

> does anybody know whether there have been studies on developmental aspects
> of Auditory Scene Analysis, especially with the classical Bregman-paradigms?
>
> Are there related studies on possible performance differences between
> non-musicians and trained musicians?
>

> Thank you very much in advance!
>

> Annemarie
>

> Priv.-Doz. Dr. Annemarie Seither-Preisler
>

> Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
>
> Institut für Psychologie
>
> Cognitive Science Section (CSS)
>
> Universitätsplatz 2
>
> A-8010 Graz
>
> Österreich
>

> Tel.: 0043 / 316 / 380 / 8544
>
> Fax:  0043 / 316 / 380 / 9806
>
> Email: annemarie.seither-preisler@xxxxxxxxxxx

Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Psychology Department, McGill University
1205 Docteur Penfield Avenue
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1B1.
     Tel: (514) 398-6103
     Fax: (514) 398-4896