Re: Identification of musical tones

Hello again,

I forgot to specify that I'm interested in studies conducted with unedited tones.

Bruno L. Giordano wrote:

I am investigating the human identification of the tones of real/simulated musical instruments.

I need to check data (confusion matrices) from previous studies.

After a more or less extensive search, I came up with a surprisingly low number of publications that do so:

1. Clark et al. (1963)
2. Berger (1964)
3. Strong and Clark (1967)
4. Grey (1977)
5. Martin (1999)
6. Srinivasan et al. (2002)

Is anybody aware of other publications (journal papers, conference proceedings, theses) that report confusion matrices?

Alternatively, is anybody willing to share their own data from published studies on the topic?

Thank you.

Bruno L. Giordano, Ph.D.
Music Perception and Cognition Laboratory
Schulich School of Music
McGill University
555 Sherbrooke Street West
Montréal, QC H3A 1E3