previous work measuring error in transient synthesis

Hello everybody in the list,

I'm evaluating some phase-vocoder based algorithms that resynthesize
musical audio from a limited set of parameters extracted from an audio
signal that is available.

In particular, I'm trying to measure numerically how well the transients -
let's say note attacks and drum beats -, are reconstructed, since these
errors are perceptually very relevant for these algorithms and are often
shadowed by general power error measures.

I'm googling for articles, specifically the MPEG evaluation procedures,
but I thought that maybe somebody in this list could have in mind some key
references that would pave my way.

Thanks!

--
MarC
Music Technology Group, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona