[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Job opening: Manager of Audiology Research
Starkey Laboratories, the largest hearing aid company in the US, is looking for a hearing scientist with experience running a research lab and directing researchers to head its team of PhD and AuD research audiologists.
Starkey has a rapidly growing research division that includes a group dedicated to investigating the consequences of hearing loss and the benefit of innovative hearing aid technology. The person in this position will head that group, located in both Minnesota and California, and will play a leadership role in Starkey's research direction.
Job requirements, responsibilities, and application details are below; a pdf of the job posting can be found here:
MANAGER OF RESEARCH AUDIOLOGY
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Starkey Laboratories, the largest hearing aid manufacturer in the U.S., needs an experienced researcher to manage a growing team of creative research audiologists. This manager will lead the Audiology Research group on a variety of short- and long-term research projects that will have an impact on future hearing aid technology and bring benefit to those with hearing loss. Projects include: perceptual science experiments, prototype technology evaluations, and novel audiological procedure development. This person will help set the direction for audiological research within Starkey and will work with other team leads to plan and execute collaborations between Audiology Research and other groups within Starkey Research and Technology Development. The person in this role will be responsible for the development of new audiological research initiatives and will work towards Starkey’s Open Innovation initiatives. This position will report to the Vice President of Research.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* a Ph.D. in Audiology or hearing-related science
* extensive experience conducting auditory perception experiments
* experience managing an auditory research lab
* experience directing audiologists and/or hearing researchers
* expertise in speech tests and psychoacoustics
* knowledge of audiological and psychoacoustic instrumentation
* an understanding of hearing aid technology and fitting systems
* significant knowledge of the audiology research literature
* experience with manager-level decision making
* excellent written and verbal communication skills
* excellent people management skills
* excellent organizational skills
* Manage the responsibilities of the Audiology Research group, which currently consists of five Ph.D. and Au.D. research audiologists in Minnesota and California
* Work with a team of managers and directors within Research and Technology Development to identify audiological research needs and plan for projects
* Ensure that Audiology Research equipment and labs meet the needs of the group
* Participate in the strategic planning of research and technology development
* Provide guidance to Audiology Research members on designing, executing, and analyzing experimental studies
* Contribute to the development of new research ideas
* Develop and manage processes and procedures for the Audiology Research group
* Manage schedules related to Audiology Research projects
* Represent Starkey Audiology Research through conference presentations and publications
* Assist with university research collaborations
Compensation will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate and includes a 401K plan, Profit Sharing, comprehensive health care plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. In addition an aggressive 80% tuition reimbursement program is available to all Starkey employees.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Brent Edwards, Ph.D.
Vice President of Research, Starkey Laboratories