Re: accuracy of loudspeaker measurement in anechoic chamber: dimension and absorber

Hi listed members...

About the anechoic chamber, I remember to saw such a large room described from a loudspeaker maker. Unfortunately, I could not find which one in my archived documents. They were concerned about low frequencies also, but I do not think that size of wedges really matters at low frequencies (80 Hz and below).

At that room, if my memories still clear, those pictures did show their wedges measure about 15 inches long, some longer some shorter but it was not aimed to absorb lows...

I think a carefull designed room, takes account for avoiding modal dimensions at low frequencies and isolate the room from external vibrations from outside building surface sources (like trucks, trains, amplified vibes from bridges, etc..) suspending the great box in some manner...

I wish I could take part in such project as so much knowledge would be involved and developed...  ;-)

Regards to all.

Hisatugo.

Audio&Loudspeaker DIYselfer.