From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Sabin
Sent: woensdag 22 oktober 2008 21:58
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: spectral shape + perceptual distance

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a paper investigating a way to model the perceptual
distance between 2 sounds that differ in spectral shape, but are
otherwise identical? The ideal investigation would compare a single
recorded sound that has been processed with 2 different equalization
(frequency vs gain) curves. I am aware of the recent work by Terasawa et
al., but I am most interested in real (recorded) sounds.

Many thanks

Andy Sabin
Graduate Student
Northwestern University