sound events on web

Hi Auditory list members,

I would like to alert you to some high-quality recordings of sound events
that I have made available for research purposes at www.auditorylab.org via
the "sound event downloads" tab near the top of the page.
These are recordings of various categories of sound events such as impacts,
scrapes, drips, etc. that were made with a variety of hand-held everyday
objects. The goal was to make accurate recordings of multiple exemplars
within each category so as to capture the naturally occurring acoustic
variation within and across each type of event. My lab at Brown University
is currently collecting normative data on these sounds. More sounds will be
uploaded to this NSF-funded database in the future. The objects and
recording equipment are documented on the website and further information is
available upon request.

Laurie Heller, Ph.D.
Dept. of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences
Brown University
190 Thayer Street
Providence RI 02912
Laurie_Heller@xxxxxxxxx