Re: MFCC

All,

 I have an unpublished manuscript (available upon request) that explores
the relations among all of the popular frequency scales and psychophysical data and cochlear anatomy. I would like to point out that re speech analysis that even though there does not appear to be much of an advantage for any particular scale, Terry Nearey and I both find a small advantage for the log frequency scale (the musical scale) especially when adjustment is made for F0. (Roy Patterson might argue that an adjustment is needed for talker height or average formant pattern. Roy's commandment: Know your talker's height!!!)

 Jim Miller

--
James D. Miller, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist