Re: f0 frequency difference limen

Hi Matt,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Flax" <flatmax@xxxxxxxx>
To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: f0 frequency difference limen

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I was just chatting with some people the other day about frequency limen
>
> Are you talking about harmonic instruments ?

Yes, I'm principally interested in instruments with harmonic spectra.

> Then you can use combinations of even & odd multiples of f0. If you want
> to know their nature, I guess it would be dependent on the type of your
> instrument and how loud it is being played.

I'm not sure how that would work. Essentially I am looking for a ballpark figure that would represent the sort of
frequency difference between two "musical tones" that would give a 75% correct hit rate in a 2AFC.

And let us assume that the pitches have a reasonable duration - i.e. at least 200ms.

Thanks

Andrew