Re: Af0 frequency difference limen

Measuring the F0 DL for various musical instruments at various pitches
would be a good project. I'm also surprised that no one has attempted
it. For one thing, there are always "theories in the air" about what
intonation scheme musicians actually use (Pythagorean vs. equal-
tempered, etc.)

However, one thing to keep in mind is that most musical instruments
don't produce absolutely constant F0's. There is always some variation,
even when there is no vibrato. This could have a big effect on DL's.
Also, there is the problem of how F0 should be measured when it is
time-varying.

Jim