early history of Auditory Neuroscience

Dear colleagues,

My name is Karen Chan and I am a graduate student at Northwestern University.  I am interested in learning more about the early history of auditory neuroscience and was wondering if anyone could suggest some useful sources?  I have found a chapter in Stanley Finger's book Origins of Neuroscience which looks informative, but other than that, I am having difficulties locating other sources.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.  Thank you for your time!

Karen Chan