From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tollin, Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:47 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AUDITORY] Sound booth fire codes

Hi,

  Different topic.  During the past couple of weeks I moved one of my IAC double-walled sound booths (~10x10x10 foot outer dimensions) to a different room.  After the move the inspector for my building informed me that a fire sprinkler must be installed INSIDE the sound booth.  Four years ago I had 2 booths installed brand new and the inspector had no problem (go figure).  Has anybody, particularly here in the US, had a similar experience with their sound booths?  I’ve seen a lot of sound booths around the US and I’ve never once observed a fire sprinkler inside the booth.

PS.  Thanks to all those on the LIST that suggested contractors to me to move the sound room.

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD

Assistant Professor

University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Department of Physiology and Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307

Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7120

12800 East 19th Ave

PO Box 6511

Aurora, CO 80045