Date:    Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:10:17 -0400
From:    "Shrivastav,Rahul" <rahul@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sound booth fire codes

Yes, something like that happened to us as well. Except, they weren't quite=
that communicative. We came in to work one Monday morning and discovered t=
hat all the sound booths in the building had a hole drilled in them and vis=
ual fire alarms (but no sprinklers) installed. Of course, sound proofing wa=
sn't a priority for the installers..... so over the next several weeks we h=
ad to undertake several exercises to attempt to seal the booths again.

Apparently, the local codes required that (at a minimum) there be a warning=
device inside any "room" in our building. In this instance, the inspector =
(who must have been working late night on some weekend) decided to call eac=
h sound booth a "room". The contractor that installed the fire alarms just =
followed instructions.

Rahul

Rahul Shrivastav
University of Florida