To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:03 AM
Subject: One's own voice (continued)

This idea continues to roam around my mind. My consideration now is as follows: If the reason for 'not recognizing' ones own voice (or not liking it) from a recording is that the 'sound' is largely from bone conduction, then I'm trying to figure out how it would be possible to imitate another voice.

Someone says the word "shore" to me, and when I imitate it, the "version" I hear would be largely from bone conduction, and so I would adjust my speech to adjust for the 'bone conduction filtered' version of the sound that I hear when I say it. How could I adequately match an accent or voice, if I don't hear the sound "as I make it".

I'm sorry if this is a vague idea, but I tried to imagine a machine- model, and the model wouldn't work.

Best

Kevin