Modeling musical beginning

Hello everyone!

I don't know if you remember me, I'm the crazy one trying to make the computer compose melodies =D

I'm going very fast and it seems that I'll finish my grad thesis soon... however I'm kind of stuck with one detail: The model that I'm using for the melodic contour, needs another model for the musical beginning because it's a conditional model based on the lasts notes that have been played.

I've heard of a study that analyzes a lot a scores in order to find some pattern in how music begins.

Does anyone know about that?

Thanks a lot!!

Pablo