2011 Conference on Implantable Auditory Prostheses

The 2011 Conference on Implantable Auditory Prostheses (CIAP) will be
held July 24 - 29, 2011 at the Asilomar Conference Center in northern
California, organised by the following team:

Conference Chair:         Stuart Rosen  <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Conference Co-Chair:      Ruth Litovsky  <litovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Administrative Co-Chair:  Robert V. Shannon  <BShannon@xxxxxxx>

This conference brings together the world’s leading researchers in the
areas of cochlear implants and electrical hearing.  The informal setting
of the conference allows for extensive discussion and scientific
interaction among both new and established researchers.

We have already recruited a stellar steering committee to help in the
planning, consisting of Christopher Brown, Bob Carlyon, Monita
Chatterjee, Gail  Donaldson, James Fallon, Johan Frijns, Andrej Kral,
John Middlebrooks and Andrew Oxenham.

As those of you who have attended before will know, we typically have
sessions of talks organised around a particular theme, sometimes with
speakers from areas related to cochlear implant research, rather than
being centred in it. If you have an idea for a special session you would
like to organise, please outline it (with speakers indicated) and send
that information to: CIAP2011SpecialSessions@xxxxxxxxx by 15 February
2010. Do not hesitate to contact any or all of the conference chairs
should you wish to discuss aspects of this.

Please consult the conference website (http:/www.hei.org/ciap/) for additional (and continually updated)information.