Re: Auditory wheel

Hello Michael and the list,

Thanks Malcolm for pointing out our work!

I recently submitted my PhD thesis which discusses the perception of
the sound color (i.e. spectral energy) and the density (i.e.
fine-scale temporal variation of sound pressure) with their
quantitative representations. Either or both of these qualities can
constitute a seamlessly morphing timbre space.

I wish I have had my thesis online but  Stanford is still preparing
the electronic dissertation database
(http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/january18/electronic-dissertation-folo-012010.html).
I will let the list know once it is officially uploaded. For now, I
can send you my thesis file so please let me know if you're
interested.

 - hiroko

-----
Hiroko Terasawa
http://www.tara.tsukuba.ac.jp/~terasawa/
** Hiroko moved to TARA Center, University of Tsukuba!