Request for information on ICA-Maximum likelihood approach

Dear All,

This is might be a silly question. But I am trying to do a small project on separating signals using Independent Component Analysis (ICA) Maximum likelihood approach for my class. So far the articles I found leave me with more questions than answers. I have never done anything with ICA before. I am lost in the process of finding the information.

It would be of great help if anybody could point me in the correct direction or send me an basic Introductory paper/tutorial (if possible) on ICA (Maximum likelihood approach). I am not trying anything fancy, I am trying to get a basic simulation working in MATLAB.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
  Vijay