Do you want me to refer to your website?

Dear all,

I'm in the process of working on my website, part of which presents a
quick overview of auditory scene analysis (ASA).  The URL is
http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/Group2/abregm1/web/

One of the sections is presently called "Useful links" (I may rename
it).  Originally I had intended to insert the  URLs of the websites of
other people working on ASA.  However, I realized that such links are
transient, as people relocate or rename their web pages, and that a
lot of work would be involved in keeping the links up to date.  So I
thought I would let Google do the work.

My plan is to give the visitor a list of Google-type Boolean search
expressions instead of URLs.  Each one will be followed by a set of
brief descriptive phrases that will tell what sort of work the
researcher does.  I will try to group them in some sensible way.

Below, I have given some examples that I have tested out, with the
search expressions enclosed by angle brackets.  They should be able to
find the researchers even if they change institutions.

If you are doing ASA-related research and would like your website to
be "linked" in this way, please send me a Google search expression
that you believe will always find your current website, followed by a
list of short phrases that describe your work,  in the format shown in
the examples below.  Please put your name -- as it appears on your
website -- as the first part of the search expression.

TESTED EXAMPLES

<Christopher Darwin speech perception>
perceptual organization, speech sounds, psychology of speech perception

<David Huron music cognition>
music perception and cognition, music and emotion, computer-based
analysis of principles of music composition.

<Valter Ciocca language perception>
auditory scene analysis, speech perception and production, pitch
perception and production, Cantonese lexical tone, auditory
continuity.
.
<Albert Feng neurophysiology>
neural basis of sound communication, extraction of signals in complex
auditory scenes, frog and bat auditory systems, sensory neuroscience

<Yonatan Fishman neurophysiology>
behavioral neurophysiology, pitch perception and auditory scene
analysis in primate auditory cortex,

<Guy J. Brown computational auditory scene analysis research interest>
 automatic speech recognition, separation of speech from background
sounds, speech intelligibility in noise

<Elyse Sussman cognitive neuroscience>
human brain activity (mismatch negativity), perceptual organization of
sound, auditory scene analysis

Thanks, and best wishes to all,
Al
Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Psychology Department, McGill University
1205 Doctor Penfield Avenue
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1B1.
Office:  Phone: (514) 398-6103, Fax: (514) 398-4896
http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/Group2/abregm1/web/