[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DSP Engineer Position at Cochlear Ltd (Denver, CO)
I am writing because we have an opening for a DSP engineer
at the Research and Technology Labs within Cochlear Ltd in Denver.
The person we hire will mainly be working with me, Zachary Smith, Chris
van den Honert,
and other scientists and audiologists and programmers in the Research
One primary responsibilities will be to implement signal processing
strategies on embedded DSP platforms. More details are in the text below.
TITLE: DSP Engineer
LOCATION: Cochlear Research and Technology Labs, Denver, Colorado
POSITION OVERVIEW / PURPOSE
Ensure advancement of research and technology projects, primarily from
Denver Research & Technology Labs (RTL), by implementing sound
processing algorithms using digital signal processing (DSP) for
cochlear implants and other implantable hearing solutions. Integrate
deliverables from Denver RTL within Cochlear's global R&D network in a
timely manner, ensuring that the outcomes are aligned with research,
technology and product plans.
- Develop and implement DSP algorithms on Cochlear's research,
technology and product platforms using assembly language, C/C++,
Matlab, and Simulink.
- Follow all applicable development processes and methodologies.
- Follow the direction and tasks established by the project leads.
- Liaise with R&D staff from other teams/locations, for collaborations
and to maintain a common understanding of the global DSP team¡¯s
development goals and plans.
- Report, and assist with reporting from Denver RTL, on projects and
DSP activities and tools.
- Assist with developing and improving processes for Denver RTL,
according to instructions from the project leads and management.
- Report, and assist with reporting through Cochlear's R&D network.
- Research and develop solutions to meet Cochlear's R&D goals.
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality
products and services and identify and support the implementation of
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and
instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries
KEY INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS: Minimum
- University degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with real-time, fixed-point DSPs and coding in assembly
- Experience in algorithmic DSP modeling in C, Matlab and/or Simulink
- Organized, structured, taking direction from the relevant
stakeholders and project leads, and following tasks to completion.
- Team player and excellent communicator, with a very good
appreciation of team goals
KEY INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS: Ideal
- 2+ years experience as a DSP Engineer in audio, speech or related
- Research experience developing signal processing algorithms
- Familiarity with programming in Python
- Experience with software for portable, embedded platforms
- Knowledge/understanding of design control processes for the medical
- Some knowledge of audiology and inner ear physiology
- Experience in a global, cross-functional team
Cochlear Americas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Christopher Long, Ph.D.
Director of Auditory Perception Research
Cochlear Research and Technology Labs
13059 E. Peakview Avenue
Centennial, CO 80111