2011 DSPE -- Special Session on Music, Acoustics and Signal Processing Education

All,

We invite you to submit papers for a special session on Signal Processing for Music, Acoustics and Education at the 2011 DSP/SPE Workshop, which will be held January 4-7 in Sedona, Arizona (USA). Specifically, we encourage you to submit papers involving the use of music and acoustics for signal processing education in K-12 and university level curricula.

The deadline for submissions is August 30th.

Other topics for the SPE Workshop include, but are not limited to:
  • Signal processing education in non-traditional venues
  • Novel laboratory, computer-based, and distance teaching methods
  • Signal processing across the engineering curriculum
  • DSP curriculum issues (early/late, simulation/real-time, theory/practice)
  • DSP outreach issues

More information is available here:  http://www.dspe2011.org/

Please contact me if you have any further questions. We look forward to seeing you.

Regards,

Ray Migneco
Music & Entertainment Technology Laboratory (MET-lab)
Drexel University