Re: Why it has to be played loud

Dear All,

Indeed, vestibular response to loud-music is a fascinating topic. I
include the reference to the original article for those interested.

It is interesting to notice that, on top of the mentioned modern
genres of rock&roll and techno ; ritual tribal drumming also exhibits
the ideal characteristics for vestibular stimulation (repetitive bass
frequencies, over 90 dB(A) SPL). I wonder to what extent this can be
related to rhytmic entrainment and the vestibular theory of trance
induction ? I'd be happy to know about any further investigation along
those lines.

Regards

Alexandre

ps : Todd, N. P., & Cody, F. W. (2000). Vestibular responses to loud
dance music: a physiological basis of the "rock and roll threshold"?
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 107(1), 496-500.
doi:10641657