faculty position

Hi,

My department has an open faculty position in the area of neuroscience.  The announcement is below.  Auditory neurophysiologists are particularly welcome to apply.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD

Assistant Professor

University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center

Department of Physiology and Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307

Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7106

12800 East 19th Ave

PO Box 6511

Aurora, CO 80045

Tel:  303-724-0625

Fax: 303-724-4501

University of Colorado

School of Medicine

Department of Physiology and Biophysics

                                          TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION

The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine invites applications for a tenure-eligible faculty position in the areas of molecular, cellular, or systems neuroscience or physiology. We are particularly interested in candidates who use innovative techniques in electrophysiology, biophysics, photonics, and/or bioengineering. We expect the appointee to conduct vigorous independent research and participate in professional and graduate training. Rank is open and will depend on qualifications.

The appointee will be part of an actively expanding Department (http://medschool.ucdenver.edu/physiology) in a new state-of-the-art research facility at the Anschutz Medical Campus (http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/denver/Pages/AnschutzMedicalCampus.aspx). Current faculty in the Department have research programs in sensory and motor systems neuroscience, neuroendocrinology, cardiac and skeletal muscle physiology, developmental neurobiology, synaptic function, cell signaling, and ion channel biology. We especially encourage applications from candidates with research interests that complement and extend existing research in the Department. Additional scientific interactions occur within interdepartmental programs: Neuroscience; Cell, Stem Cell, and Developmental Biology; Reproductive Science; Molecular Biology; Biomolecular Structure; Cancer Biology; and Immunology. Many of these programs have associated core facilities. For example, the Neuroscience Program (http://medschool.ucdenver.edu/neuroscience) provides its members with core facilities in light and electron microscopy and mouse and zebrafish gene manipulation technologies through its Rocky Mountain Neurological Disorders Center Core.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree and appropriate and sufficient post-doctoral research experience to establish an independent research program and obtain funding. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2010 and will continue until the position is filled.

The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/.

Applicants should apply through the electronic job application website at the University of Colorado: https://www.jobsatcu.com/. Applicants must include:

1) A cover letter addressed to:

Chair, Faculty Search Committee

Department of Physiology and Biophysics

University of Colorado School of Medicine

2) A current Curriculum Vitae

3) The names and contact information for at least three references

4) A 1-2 page statement of research interests

Questions should be directed to Becky.McGowan@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

The University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment.

The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.