Measuring acoustic noise of MRI scanner

I am trying to set up a relatively easy method to measure acoustic noise within MRI scanners, as close to the bore as possible.
I have come up with two scenarios, wondering if anyone has any experience with either?

1] measure noise using an MRI-compatible sound level meter, such as (http://www.allmri.com/product_info.php?language=en&info=p282_mrt-lautstaerkepegelmessung.html&)

2] use a calibrated microphone, extension cable threaded through a wave guide and an external integrating sound level meter, such as instruments from Casella Cel (casellausa.com)

Thanks in advance!

Fatima Husain, Ph.D.
Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
Assistant Professor, Speech and Hearing Science and the Beckman Institute
University of Illinois