Re: Measuring acoustic noise of MRI scanner

Hi Fatima,

If you just want the sound level, then I don't see why you would want to get any
fancier than the MRI-compatible meter you found.

However, I think it would be worth the trouble to be able to analyze the noise
produced by your gradient pulse in more detail at some point, depending on the
type of experiment you are planning.

Here is a link to a more detailed analysis done using microphones in the
scanner, including the effects of different EPI parameters and references to
other relevant work:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmri.20526/abstract

Brandon Abbs, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow