Postdoc in combined human fMRI and depth electrode programme

Dear list members,

Please see the advert below for a postdoctoral position with Prof. Tim Griffiths and Dr. Matt Howard  -

We seek to appoint a postdoctoral worker who would be based in Iowa and carry out studies of neurosurgical patients under the
care of Dr Matt Howard. The post is related to a programme of work in collaboration with Dr Tim Griffiths in the UK funded by the
Wellcome Trust (UK) for five years. The work involves recording of electrical responses to sound stimuli from the auditory cortex
of patients undergoing presurgical evaluation for epilepsy and carrying out auditory fMRI on the same patients. Unique custom
facilities for both are available in Iowa. A series of experiments is underway to examine pitch and object perception (refs).

We require a flexible scientist able to work with a multidisciplinary team. We expect work of this nature to attract applicants with
a variety of backgrounds that might include animal neurophysiology or human imaging.

Tim Griffiths (t.d.griffiths@xxxxxxxxx) and Matt Howard (matthew-howard@xxxxxxxxx)  would be pleased to answer any further questions.

Refs:
1) Griffiths TD, Kumar S, Sedley W, Nourski K, Kawasaki H, Oya H, Patterson RD, Brugge JF, Howard MA (2010). Direct recordings of pitch responses from human auditory cortex. Current Biology
2) Kumar S, Sedley W, Nourski KV, Kawasaki H, Oya H, Patterson RD, Howard MA, Friston KJ, Griffiths TD (in press). Predictive coding and pitch processing in the auditory cortex. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience.

Sincerely,
Sundeep

---
Sundeep Teki
PhD Student

Auditory Research Group
Newcastle University Medical School, and
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging
University College London

Email:   s.teki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:     http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~steki