Re: musical complexity

Hi Tom,

my (perhaps obvious) guess is that the answer to the question about which music-complexity measure is appropriate does and should depend on how it is used in practice (e.g., analysis of musical structure for music-theoretic purposes vs. accounting for behavioral judgments of music materials vs. machine learning classification). "Understood" is probably too generic, and usage considerations might help you with constraining your literature search and getting recommendations that are more relevant to your interests.

Best,

	Bruno

Bruno L. Giordano, PhD
Erasmus Mundus - ACN postdoc @
Voice Neurocognition Laboratory (CCNi, Glasgow Univ) &
Affiliate member of CIRMMT (McGill Univ, Montréal)
Www: http://www.brunolgiordano.net