Digital Recording units

Dear Auditory listserv;

We are in the market for a good quality digital recording device that we can use to record voice/speech samples with a head-mounted condenser microphone in a sound-treated room.

We have been using the portable Marantz Professional Solid State Digital Flash Recorder PMD66, but our device has been unreliable and plagued with problems.

Please forward your recommendations to me. Many thanks.

Mary V. Andrianopoulos

Associate Professor

University of Massachusetts-Amherst

Department of Communication Disorders
Telephone: 413-545-0551
Web: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~mva/
Campus Address: 358 North Pleasant St., #305B