Re: Error Bars ( 95 % CI or SE)

Coming back to the original question:
CI's are calculated with a formula with the CE in it... They are different ways of plotting the same results.

Best, Kim White
2011/12/11 Stuart Rosen <s.rosen@xxxxxxxxx>
Let me put forward a dissenting opinion. What you should display in your graph is neither of these but a boxplot which will give a true picture of the distribution of values that you found rather than a statistical inference which depends as much on the number of participants you used as any difference in performance between the two groups. You are going to do a statistical test anyway (and you could quote an effect size) so why waste the opportunity to give more information?

Yours - Stuart Rosen