PhD Position in Munich: Coding Strategies for Cochlear Implants

PhD Position: Coding Strategies for Cochlear Implants

Our research group deals with the development of novel algorithms for cochlear
implants, covering the entire field from basic research in the area of
âcomputational neuroscienceâ to psychoacoustic tests on patients.

Responsibilities:
You will be developing novel coding strategies for cochlear implants,
modelling auditory nerve responses to electrical stimulation and evaluating
these responses using methods from information theory and automatic speech
recognition.

Requirements:
You hold a university degree in electrical engineering, informatics,
(bio-)physics or neuroscience. You have excellent programming skills and a
keen interest in modelling and analysing electrically induced stimulation
patterns in the auditory nerve.

What we offer you:
Thanks to our integration in the Bernstein Center for Computational
Neuroscience Munich (www.bccn-munich.de), the Hearing Research Network
(www.hearing.ei.tum.de) and our contacts in industry, we are able to offer an
attractive environment with excellent prospects. The position is for a fixed
term of three years and is remunerated according to the German Collective
Agreement for Public Services (TV-L, this is a full position). The university
is committed to increasing the proportion of women on its staff. Qualified women
are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled candidates will
be given preference in the case of overall equal aptitude and qualifications.

How to apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please provide
  - a short cover letter that explains why you are interested in our research
  - a curriculum vitae including a list of grades
  - a short description of your Master's Thesis

and send your application per e-mail to:

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Werner Hemmert (werner.hemmert@xxxxxx)
Technische UniversitÃt MÃnchen
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Bio-Inspired Information Processing
IMETUM â Institute for Medical Engineering
Boltzmannstr. 11
85748 Garching / Munich
GERMANY

More information about our research projects is available at
http://www.bai.ei.tum.de

--
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Werner Hemmert
Bio-Inspired Information Processing