Re: Sphinx

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Stefan Bleeck wrote:

> Unfortunately it is a bugger to install. Does anyone has (or know of
> someone who has) a running Sphinx version with a BRITISH English
> dictionary? We are interested in getting a running program (Windows)
> or to collaborate by sending a few hundred wave files over

A couple of months ago I read the news that some British(?) university
made the speech recognizer resulting from some international project
public and freely available on the web. You just upload the wave file and
get back the transcript. Unfortunately I cannot recall which university it
was and I can find it in google either (in fact, I'm not able to figure
out the proper search terms...). Maybe somebody else will know what I'm
talking about.

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *