rfi problem

Last week I sent the list a question concerning rfi from a client's cochlear
implant.  When I finally got her to actually check her radio problem rather than
just assume that it was her implant she discovered that it was not her implant
except under some conditions with her smaller processing units there was some
static at up to 49 inches from her head.  I believe this to be a problem in the
units and have suggested that she see her implant team.  She had said that her
transmitter was being effected but this is simply not the case.

She is getting some static using an fm 2 meter receiver but I suspect am
problems would be far worse.  In the U.S. fm is used on 2 meters from 145-148
mHz and most often from 146-148 mHz.

I appreciate the suggestions that several on the list made to me privately.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html