Re: ICRA1-noise

Dear Ali,

Although I am not familiar with IRCA1-noise I think you can generate this noise as follows.

You can analyse the spectra of a speech database (i.e. if you have the speech in a same vector x in Matlab you can do >X = fft(x)). And design an N-taps FIR filter. (>b = fir2(N, 2/length(X) :2/length(X):1,abs(X(1:length(X)/2)))) Then you can generate a random stationary noise (i.e. Matlab > n = randn(duration*samplerate,1). Finally filter the noise using the FIR (> y = filter(b,1,n)).

Of course it could be better if you use for example average spectra or 1/3 octave band spectra or even better using critical bands. You can  implement them as in subtitle 2.2 in:

http://www.fceia.unr.edu.ar/acustica/biblio/A032%20(Miyara)%20Contraste%20algoritmos%20analizador%20normalizado.pdf
(It is only in Spanish but you it is not difficult to find bibliography on how to implement a DFT)

best regards,
Ernesto.