The perennial question of controlling the volume of sound cards through Matlab ...

Until recently, I have been happily using the software provided by Trevor Agus to control sound card volumes through Matlab in Windows 7.

We now are using an RME Babyface, which has a similar mixer control to the other Fireface boxes (RME TotalMix FX). We have been able to control one of the volume settings (the local one) using the previous means in Matlab, but we cannot seem to get access to the main volume control (which overrides all the others).

I'd be grateful to know if anyone has faced this problem and come up with a solution.

Yours - Stuart
--

Stuart Rosen, PhD
Professor of Speech and Hearing Science

Telephone numbers:
  • Office: (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 4077
  • Admin: (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 4050
  • Internal: ext 24077
  • Fax: (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 4238
Email: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home page: http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/stuart

Request an inspection copy of Signals and Systems for Speech and Hearing, 2nd edition by Stuart Rosen & Peter Howell
http://info.emeraldinsight.com/promo/signals.htm