Re: Knowles miniature microphones and standard mic inputs

Hi Pawel,

You could adapt the circuit from this web page:

http://thedatastream.4hv.org/prm_mic_preamp.htm

However, there are two factors which you would need to consider before modifying the circuit for your own purposes. One is the fact that your chosen mic capsules are 3-terminal devices (separate power and signal connections, where this circuit uses 2-terminal devices) and the other is the output impedance (4400 ohms, nominal, which is a bit high to drive a pro XLR input directly, which is why you really need some amplification in the circuit).

You also need to be careful about nomenclature. Some manufacturers have been known to use the term "phantom power" wrongly:

http://www.uneeda-audio.com/phantom/phan.htm

Good luck!

Steve