Sorry, but that isn’t enough information. It is useful to know what you are actually try to do. For example, here are some starting questions :
1) Single source, several sources, many sources?
2) Range of angles of interest: any desired position on the full sphere, limited positions on most of the sphere, how high and how low
3) Distance rendering: accurate range needed? Distance <1 from the head?
4) Source trajectories or fixed positions?
5) Room effect or anechoic conditions?
6) Real-time or off-line?
7) Head-tracking integration possible or not?
8) PC platform (Win/Mac/Linux)?
9) Your programming skill level (turn-key system, MaxMSP patching, MatLab coding)?
10) Headphone equalization?
11) Price range possible?
12) Lab setting or installation art?
Brian FG Katz, Ph.D
Audio & Acoustique
tel. (+33) 01 69 85 81 55
fax. (+33) 01.69.85.80.88
De : AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Frederik Nielbo
Dear Brian and others,