Sad news: Peter Marvit

Dear colleagues,

many of you knew Peter Marvit. I am saddened to report that Peter was
assaulted during what appears to be a robbery, Monday night. He was
coming back from a rehearsal with his beloved Choral Society group in
Baltimore. Peter died as a result of his injuries.

Peter got his PhD with John Crawford and James Saunders, studying the
weakly electric Mormyrid fish. He did post-doctoral work with Mary
Florentine and Søren Buus, and then joined my lab in Baltimore for a
number of years. He then worked with Bob Dooling in College Park. He
had recently joined ICF International and worked as a clinical trials
analyst. He is survived by his daughter Niko and his significant other
Susie.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-homicide-herring-run-20120919,0,4911671.story

                            Didier

Didier A Depireux                depireux@xxxxxxxxx
Inst. for Systems Research    http://theearlab.org
School of Engineering           Ph: 410-925-6546
U Md College Park MD 20742 USA
Adjunct, BioEngineering