Re: Software for internet-based auditory testing

During my PhD I created this online test using adobe flash: www.auditorytest.zxq.net

I used it to search for potential participants who were poor at pitch discrimination. [Mathias, Micheyl, & Bailey (2010) JASA, 127, 3026-3037]. I found flash to be highly versatile, have good functionality for auditory playback, and not too difficult to learn. However, I think support for this software is really dwindling these days (being replaced by HTML 5?) so it may be obsolete soon. It was also horrendously expense: I coded it with the 30-day trial version so I didn't have to pay for it.

Sam

--
Dr. Samuel R. Mathias
Neural Mechanisms of Human Communication