Wanted: Environmental Sounds Recordings

Dear all,

we are currently collecting recordings of environmental sound events to artificially generate synthetic environmental scenes.

Those scenes will serve as open evaluation data within the IEEE AASP Challenge on Detection and
Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events,

If you are keen on recording sounds of your environment, please contribute to this research effort !!

To see what kind of sounds we are looking for, and contribute if you can, please visit the following web page: http://soundthings.org/challenge-contrib/

All the submitted data will be held during the evaluation stage of the challenge and then released on Freesound under the "creative commons" licence (unless you explicitly ask us not to).

IMPORTANT: Our target here is diversity. So please do not restrain yourself with respect to sound quality, hardware, and encoding formats. Obviously, good sound quality is a plus, but everything is welcome !!

Regards,

Mathieu Lagrange
CNRS Researcher (anasyn team @ Ircam)
Phone: ++33-1-4478 4871 | Fax: ++33-1-4478 1540

More informations:
 - IEEE AASP Challenge on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events: http://www.elec.qmul.ac.uk/digitalmusic/sceneseventschallenge/
 - Freesound: http://freesound.org/