Music Emotion Listening Test

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

I am using dimensional model to understand musical judgement for popular music, and I have designed a simple listening test for this study. All you need is an internet connection and a pair of headphones or loudspeakers.

The entire test takes about 40 mins and please follow the instructions on the welcome page.

  • You will be asked to listening to each song (either 30 seconds or 60 seconds)
  • Rate each piece on two dimensions: valence (sad-happy), arousal (relaxed-excited)
  • Each piece can be only listened once, so please do not press the stop button too quickly.

Due to the audio player, the test is only supported by browsers such as IE, chrome, safari, but not firefox.

PS: If you would like to know the outcome of this research, please send me an email once you finish the test. I will get back to you as soon as I have done the data analysis for this test. Thank you very much for taking part in this study, and please forward this email to whoever might be interested!

Yading Song
Ph.D student,
Room E104, Mile End Road
Centre for Digital Music