Re: [AUDITORY] MIDI Drum Pads: Delay and temporal resolution

All things MIDI has ms latency.
A less expensive data acquisition system is an Arduino with some simple interface wiring.
Cost around 25 euro.

/Mikael
Sent from my iPad

On 19 Jun 2013, at 09:37, "Julius Smith" <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apparently one can get a tap-to-sound latency of 5.8 ms in iOS:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/12/03/developer-it-is-not-possible-to-play-music-on-an-android-phone/

To get below 1 ms I would probably connect a piezo film to an Arduino or something like that.

- Julius