Re: [AUDITORY] MIDI Drum Pads: Delay and temporal resolution

On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:49 AM, Mikael.Fernstrom <Mikael.Fernstrom@xxxxx> wrote:

A less expensive data acquisition system is an Arduino with some simple interface wiring.
Cost around 25 euro.

and

On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Julius Smith <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To get below 1 ms I would probably connect a piezo film to an Arduino or something like that.

An Arduino does indeed have a low polling interval at the ADCs (I believe it is  around 100 µs). But depending on what kind of auditory feedback you want to give to the participant, 8bit beep sounds may not be very pleasant.

Personally I would just stay in the analog domain and generate the sounds by one of these analog drum modules. They are inexpensive and can be triggered directly from piezo sensors (e.g.: http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Module/DRUM-05/DRUM-05e/drum-05e.html)

Fabian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Fabian-Robert Stöter

International Audio Laboratories Erlangen (AudioLabs)
Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg & Fraunhofer IIS, Audio & Multimedia
Am Wolfsmantel 33
91058 Erlangen
Tel.: 09131 85-20518
Fax: 09131 85-20524