Can you point us to the document that has this information? I highly doubt this.

The paper describing PESQ is publicly available (to IEEE members), which means everyone can implement and use this metric:

A.W. Rix, J.G., Beerends, M.P. Hollier and A.P. Hekstra, "Perceptual evaluation of speech quality (PESQ)-a new method for speech quality assessment of telephone networks and codecs," in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, Salt Lake City, UT, May 2001, pp.749-752.

From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Stefan Bleeck [bleeck@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:43 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just found out that the _academic_ use of PESQ (perceptual
evaluation of speech quality, ITU recommendation P.862), that is
described with MATLAB source code  in Loizou's Speech Enhancement
book, requires a license that costs around $7000 per year. I write
this as a warning for others against using it (unless you happen to
have the spare cash), because we didn't know this and did a lot of
work with it that we now can't publish.

Dr. Stefan Bleeck
Hearing and Balance Centre
Institute of Sound and Vibration Research
Faculty of Engineering and the Environment
University of Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Room 4093, Tizard building (13)
bleeck@xxxxxxxxx Tel.: 02380 596682