[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[AUDITORY] Faculty Position - Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Purdue University
- To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [AUDITORY] Faculty Position - Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Purdue University
- From: "Heinz, Michael G" <mheinz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:56:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Approved-by: mheinz@xxxxxxxxxx
- Authentication-results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of owner-auditory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) smtp.mail=owner-auditory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: dan.ellis@xxxxxxxxx
- List-archive: <http://lists.mcgill.ca/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=AUDITORY>
- List-help: <http://lists.mcgill.ca/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=AUDITORY>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTS.MCGILL.CA?body=INFO AUDITORY>
- List-owner: <mailto:AUDITORY-request@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:AUDITORY-subscribe-request@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:AUDITORY-unsubscribe-request@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
- Reply-to: "Heinz, Michael G" <mheinz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: Ac6qNZQkPHHyCmI1RmihSl5oTY9K1w==
- Thread-topic: Faculty Position - Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Purdue University
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OPENING PURDUE UNIVERSITY
The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN is seeking applications for an assistant or associate level tenure-track faculty position. Primary criteria are excellence in research and in teaching, and candidates from all areas of specialization are encouraged to apply. Ph.D. is required in speech, language, or hearing sciences or a related field. Essential duties include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level. This position is a 10-month appointment with an earliest start date of Fall 2014.
Purdue has top-ranked clinical programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and strong ties to the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences is a diverse and collegial department, with 22 research/tenure track and 15 clinical faculty. Faculty have the opportunity to capitalize on an extraordinarily productive network of collaborations and resources that includes strong support for inter-disciplinary and translational research. The successful candidate will join our faculty in a new facility (Lyles-Porter Hall) in which superb infrastructure for research will be in place (http://www.purdue.edu/hhs/slhs/research/index.html).
To be assured full consideration, complete applications should be received by October 15, 2013. Review of applications will begin October 16, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. A curriculum vitae, letter of application, selected publications, and three letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential in both research and teaching should be e-mailed as attachments to Jane Fenters, Administrative Assistant to the Head, jfenters@xxxxxxxxxxx Questions regarding the position should be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Professor Lisa Goffman, goffman@xxxxxxxxxxx A background check will be required for employment in this position. Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Feel free to contact me directly if you are interested.
Michael G. Heinz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
500 Oval Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
(765) 496-6627 (office - HEAV G34C)
(765) 496-2613 (lab - PRCE 177)
(765) 494-0771 (fax)