Good news for all.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Serra Xavier <xavier.serra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Subject: [MUSIC-IR] Essentia becomes open source and receives an ACM Multimedia award
To: list mailing music-ir <music-ir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
, an audio analysis software library developed at the MTG over the past eight years becomes open source and wins the Open-Source Software Competition of ACM Multimedia 2013.
Essentia is a C++ library for audio analysis and audio-based music information retrieval released under the Affero GPLv3 license. It contains an extensive collection of reusable algorithms which implement audio input/output functionality, standard digital signal processing blocks, statistical characterization of data, and a large set of spectral, temporal, tonal and high-level music descriptors. Essentia is behind a number of commercial applications and has been used in many academic research projects. It is responsible for the audio similarity search functionality of http://freesound.org
The Open-Source Software Competition takes place every year at the ACM Multimedia conference
, this year in Barcelona. The criteria for judging all submissions include broad applicability and potential impact, novelty, technical depth, demo suitability, and other miscellaneous factors (e.g., maturity, popularity, student-led, no dependence on closed source, etc.). We presented Essentia for the first time at a conference and we are very proud about the award.
Music Technology Group
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
0. ISMIR 2013 will take place in in Curitiba (Brazil), 4-8 November 2013. The web site of the conference is at http://ismir2013.ismir.net/ismir2013/
1. Please do not send HTML documents to the list
2. Please do not send attachments (pictures, Word, etc.) to the list
3. Please do not send commercial ads to the list
4. Reuse of email addresses found on the list for unsolicited mail is forbidden
5. To unsubscribe, mail to "listserv@xxxxxxxx
" the following text: unsub music-ir or login to http://listes.ircam.fr/
6. For assistance, mail to "music-ir-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7. The archives of the list are at http://listes.ircam.fr/
8. The collective web sites of the ISMIR conferences and all past proceedings are at http://www.ismir.net/