Re: perceptual audio evaluation tests

Dear Mark,

As far as I know, there is no standard test that is perfectly suitable for source separation, as these tests were designed with other applications in mind (coding, denoising).

We proposed a new subjective test derived from MUSHRA along with a corresponding objective measure and some code in Valentin Emiya, Emmanuel Vincent, Niklas Harlander, Volker Hohmann, "Subjective and objective quality assessment of audio source separation", IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 19(7):2046-2057, 2011.
https://hal.inria.fr/inria-00567152

We will be happy if this is used as a starting point towards a standardized test in the future.

Best,

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Vincent