From Bob Carlyon: Senior Research-only position in Cambridge

Message below from Bob Carlyon regarding a senior research position at the MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit.

Dear all,

The MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit is a world-leading research establishment. We have recently advertised a position at the Programme Leader or Programme Leader Track level.

Such positions provide the opportunity for someone with a strong track record to conduct research full time and come with the resources needed to carry that research out. Further details are available here

http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc172153_5003.aspx

It is expected that the successful applicant’s research will fall within one of the Unit’s four research groups. The Hearing and Language group is one of these and consists of the programmes led by Matt Davis ( http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/ ) and by myself. Information on hearing research at the CBU and elsewhere  in Cambridge can be found here: http://www-hearing-research.eng.cam.ac.uk/Main/WebHome

If you are interested please let me know. I would expect that if we appoint someone with an auditory interest, that it would be someone whose research complements rather than replicates what Matt and I do.

Cheers

Bob

Dr. Bob Carlyon

Deputy Director