Re: [AUDITORY] Sound card replacement for LynxTWO-B

How about a USB card such as the ASUS Xonar U7 7.1
USB?  It has stereo inputs and 8 output channels,
samples at up to 192 kHz, has 24-bit capability, and
impressive low noise and distortion.  See the
"Comparison Table" under "Sound Card Performance
Tests" at
< http://www.daqarta.com/dw_gguu.htm#comp >

Amazingly, it's under US $100.  There is also a Creative
Labs device that I haven't tested yet that appears to have
similar capabilities.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

===============
On 25 Apr 2018 at 22:05, Skyler Jennings wrote:

>     Dear list,
>
>     For the past several years I have used LynxTWO-B sound cards to present stimuli for
>     psychoacoustic experiments in humans. I am upgrading our computers and I have discovered
>     that newer machines typically do not ship with the PCI slots needed to accommodate my
>     LynxTWO cards. I am looking for a replacement card that will fit the PCIe slots typical of newer
>     computers. Do you have recommendations on a high-quality sound card for psychoacoustics
>     testing?
>
>     Thank you!
>
>     Skyler
>
>     --
>     Skyler G. Jennings, Ph.D., Au.D. CCC-A
>     Assistant Professor
>     Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
>     College of Health University of Utah
>     390 South 1530 East
>     Suite 1201 BEHS
>     Salt Lake City, UT 84112
>     801-581-6877 (phone)
>     801-581-7955 (fax)
>     skyler.jennings@xxxxxxxxxxxx

            D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
           www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
    Science with your sound card!